Pages

Thursday, 23 June 2011

Almost Blue

Composed by Elvis Costello


Chet Baker lived a tragic life, and his playing and singing shows every once of pain that he has suffered in his life. Written by Elvis Costello, this song is interpreted by Chet Baker in a wonderfully moving way, tinged with regret and sadness.

Performed by Chet Baker

Almost blue,
Almost doing things we used to do,

There's a girl here and she's almost you,
Almost all the things you promised with your eyes,
I see in hers too,
Now your eyes are red from crying,
Almost blue,
Flirting with this disaster became me,
It named me as the fool who only aimed to be,
Almost blue,
Almost touching it will almost do,
There's a part of me that's always true, always,
All the things that you’ve promised with your eyes,
I see in hers too,
Now your eyes are red from crying,
Almost you,
Almost me,
Almost blue…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...